We recently posted on our Facebook page asking our fans to fill in the following blank: “If only I had known ________________ before I started scrapbooking.” To be honest, your answers didn’t surprise us! There is a common thread among those who make the move from traditional to digital scrapbooking and it boils down to simplifying their lives. Time, space and cost are all factors that motivate us to make changes to the way we do things, and going digital is just one more way to save you on all of them. That’s a key reason Heritage Makers is a preferred option for creating photo keepsakes.
If you’re new to digital scrapbooking, these responses might give you some ‘insider’ knowledge. If you are a seasoned veteran, then you can probably relate to most of these! We pulled some of our favorites to share with you.
- “How easy and cost effective digital scrapbooking is! I got behind when I started having kids, because it was such a hassle trying to keep my kids out of the mess, and having to clean it up wasn’t ideal either. I love that I can sit at my computer with one or two kids on my lap and still get my scrapbooking done! Plus, I love that by using the heritage makers program, I will never lose my pages. If my computer crashes or my house burns down, I can always reprint my memories. Totally awesome!” – Joshua and Kimberly T.
- “If only I had known the impact scrapbooking would have on my family before I started scrapbooking, I would have started sooner.” – Tammy
- “That digital pictures could be made into scrapbooks without the mess of scrapbooking and made so easy to use.” – Jackie L.
- “To NOT chop up my photos with “Fancy” scissors.” – Val P.
- “About Heritage Makers before I invested all that $ on scrapbooking papers, embellishments, equipment and closet space.” – Phyllis
Some people enjoy the tactile, physical nature of traditional scrapbooking, but many are discovering that there is a place for digital scrapbooking in their memory keeping hobby.Whether you’re a digital die-hard or enjoy both, your projects are pieces of you and your experiences that can be shared with those you love.We’d have to say, our favorite responses are the ones like Tammy’s. Hearing about the positive impact your digital scrapbooking projects have on you and your families is why we love doing what we do!
Now it’s your turn – what do you wish you’d known before you picked up those ‘fancy scissors’?