|« Oct||Dec »|
I have been writing storybooks for over seven years and with every book I publish I am just as excited to get it back as I was with my very first book! With Heritage Makers large product selection I am now hooked on Heritage Makers home decor! That’s right, home decor made just the way I want it and with my favorite stories, pictures, and values!
The 12×12 pages can be used for so many things! Rather than putting posters of famous athletes, movie stars or super heroes on my son’s walls, I created 3 12×12 pages with a photo on each page with a big word below it and a definition. Here are some of the words I chose to teach my son:
TRADITION: Beliefs or customs taught by one generation to the next (and used a picture of my husband, son and 2 little nephews fishing at the family cabin.) HEROES: You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes. ~Walter M Schirra Sr. (I used a picture of my 12 little nephews and my son.) HERITAGE: Heritage is a million everyday moments (and used a picture of my husband and son looking at a river)
My son was SO excited when his pages arrived in the mail. He saw the first page and said “Oh, I want that one in my room!” Then he saw the next page and said “Oh, I want that one in my room!” And again when he saw the third one he said the same thing. You would have thought I just bought him a new toy he had always wanted!
Another fun thing you can do with your 12×12 pages is to put a big family picture on it and write a fun quote. I put a photo of my family walking across a bridge with the saying “No road is too long with good company.” I framed it and have it on an easel on my fireplace.
There are just so many great ideas you can use Heritage Makers products for! Something else you can do (thanks Corissa Beck for the idea) is to mod podge a 12×12 page to a 12×12 ceramic tile! WOW, simply beautiful! You can also design a 12×12 page into 4 different 6×6 images and cut them once you receive the page and mod podge them onto 6×6 tiles! These make great neighbor gifts for the holidays. Use a fun saying like “Let it Snow” or “Joy to the World.” With the beautiful artwork we have available with our Premier art collection, you can create gorgeous decorations!
And it doesn’t stop there! Remember the photo cubes from the 70’s… we’ll they’re back! Make 6 3×3 inch boxes on your 12×12 page (or 8.5×11 page). Cut the squares out and put them into the photo cube.
The options are endless! Start your projects today and you’ll be amazed at the many things you can create using your Heritage Studio account.
Submitted by Candace May
I have a running friend who has recently decided to join Heritage Makers as a personal publishing consultant. The other day, she asked me a question about sales. She asked, “After someone does a project or two, then what? What keeps a customer coming back for more?” Well, I’ve got the answer.
Yes, it’s true that there may not be an immediate re-ordering when it comes to our business. Heritage Makers is not a company that sells pills or lotions that needs constant re-ordering. But, like a pill, Heritage Maker’s online Studio can be addictive. In fact, it’s so addicting that I think we should start putting a warning label on the site
My running friend has not written a book yet. She has not experienced the magic of “storybooking.” She has not yet opened that first book that comes delivered to her door or opened the pages of a book about her heritage and read it to her children. If she had done any of these things, she wouldn’t have asked me that question. She’ll soon experience the same “addictive” passion that I have for storybooking. I’m sure of it.
I have written over 20 storybooks and each time that new book is delivered, I still get a chill and a thrill.
What makes storybooking addictive? It is our amazing Online Publishing Studio that makes everyone a “professional” designer:
1. Using Studio is easy to do.
Once you learn about Heritage Studio you can use it for almost anything. Here are some of the ideas that can be done with Studio.
- I made a $9.95 poster for my children’s nursery group.
- You can make posters for children’s birthday gifts, cards for dear friends as a birthday wish, or thank you cards (with our new Address Book feature, sending cards is easier than ever.)
- My newest client is a small business owner (children’s jewelry) and she uses the 5×5 book as a marketing catalog.
- My 7-year-old uses Heritage Studio to do her own books and projects.
2. Using Studio is gratifying. With your Heritage Studio you can create an amazing storybook project in a matter of a couple hours and it shows up to your house in a matter of days! Heritage that was once “in a shoebox” is now safely “captured” in a book that will be read and celebrated for generations to come.
3. Using Studio is exciting. You will never bored as you browse the wonderful ideas in the Template Gallery. And you’ll have a blast creating designs and coming up with fabulous storybook ideas.
4. Using Studio is relaxing. While I wait for the water to boil as I cook dinner for my family, I can sit at my laptop and “storybook” for a few minutes. Once you have done a project you feel this wonderful sense of relief and pride. The project is always saved in your completed files and heritage is captured!
5. Using Studio helps you create a Cornerstone collection! Have you written your love story yet? How about your grandparent’s story? Have you interviewed your parents about their life yet? Have you written your children’s birth stories? The Cornerstone collection of templates are amazing and make “storybooking” easy and fun.
Take 30 seconds and write down the storybooks you NEED to write. What heritage needs to be “captured?” Then ask yourself “Who needs to hear these stories?” Then create them! But be warned, storybooking and using Studio is addictive. You WILL be back for more.