|« Feb||Apr »|
I met a wonderful new friend at a Regionals training in Calgary, Alberta. Her name is Linda Kutchall and she lives in a small town in Saskatchewan. She is also an owner of a scrapbook store and a mother of three daughters. She admits to being a scrapbook addict from the time her first child was born some 10 years ago. But I soon learned that as much as Linda loves scrapbooking, she calls “storybooking” the next generation of scrapbooking, with the onslaught of digital cameras, photo enhancements and a generation that is more likely to preserve history like never before!
Linda chose Heritage Makers because the unbelievable creative component we offer is what she was seeking. Linda got busy creating her own family storybooks, and the more she used the system the more she loved it. Now Linda shares the magic of “storybooking” with her large client base.
Here are some reasons why Linda is now a storybooking addict (in her own words):
1. No mess! I could, within minutes, cover an entire table with papers, embellishments, glue, pens, pictures, and still not have everything I need to complete the perfect page. I can now sit on my couch with my laptop, while my kids watch a movie, and create all I want.
2. No need to go back through the years of scrapbook pages to fill in the story gaps I left because I didn’t want to handwrite the story and the computer wasn’t handy. Journaling is just as fun as the rest of it now!
3. No more trips to the photo store to resize, recolor, or reprint pictures. I can do it all with the mouse. What took 3-5 pages of scrapbooking can now fit into 1 or 2 page layouts!
4. All-inclusive pricing. The cost of Premier account includes all the embellishments, alphabets, paper, etc. that I will ever need. No need to stock up on flowers, ribbon and the like. A lot less waste. And it’s cheaper in the long run!
5. I don’t get bored. I could get bored quite quickly with a computer program that doesn’t change, or that is one dimensional that you can’t learn anything new from. I love the tutorials in Heritage Makers and the opportunities to learn new techniques and features. It keeps me hooked!
6. I can fill gaps in my traditional scrapbook with digital pictures from Heritage Makers. I can drag and drop into a template those events that perhaps didn’t warrant a little extra time to scrap. I can do a page in 8 minutes with this and it looks fab!
7. It warms my heart to make a book for my mother of her grand-daughters. It warms my heart to know that my children will have a sense of history in a storybook that will last a lifetime.
Linda, you had me at #1: No mess!
I want to thank you for your inspiring words and for carrying on the storybooking movement in your corner of the world. You are making a difference one storybook at a time!
Heritage Makers is featured in the March issue of Direct Selling News magazine! This is an incredible honor that all heritage makers should be proud to be a part of. Direct Selling News is the publication that direct selling executives turn to for information and resources to improve their companies. Each issue of Direct Selling News offers content on topics that shape the dynamics of our industry.You can view and print the article here.
Print off a copy today (or 3 or 4 or 100) and go share this fabulous news with everyone you meet!
It’s a great time to be with Heritage Makers! To learn more about the opportunity, check out the Heritage Makers website.
Home is where you hang your…heritage. At Heritage Makers, creating a heritage home is something we are really passionate about. In February, we hosted a contest to get the best Heritage Home photos and essays. Several poured in and we were very excited to see all the photos and read the touching stories. After much deliberation, we choose to feature three participants.
“Our Heritage Home is relatively new. I was introduced to Heritage Makers just a month ago, but my entire household has come to know and value the memories that we are preserving. In addition to creating beautiful books, we have created posters of awards in order to show off the accomplishments while preserving the original awards, books to commemorate our family trips, and to also show off our wonderful wedding and the blending of two families. Even our children are amazed that they can scrapbook (although the boys will not admit they do it). To us, our Heritage Home not only allows us to share our memories with family and friends, but it also preserves the memories for my husband who is battling brain cancer. We take our books and the playing cards that we made to the hospital with us in order to keep our memories close to him, so that he can keep the memories “handy,” thus converting them to the long-term that he is at risk for losing. Thank you, Heritage Makers for this wonderful gift.”
“I told my husband about the contest and he wanted to enter his “Heritage Outpost” in the contest. His “outpost” is his cubby in a busy aerospace engineering company. His “décor” is an assortment of the HM products because it is really difficult to pick just one favorite. I have attached his photos and his essay in his words because his words say it all…”
“My HM Outpost draws a crowd from time to time and lures in unsuspecting investigators of my exciting and enticing books, cards, family folds and even posters, all thanks to Heritage Makers.
My HM Outpost lifts my spirits, enables me to mentally/emotionally travel to other times and places and continually reminds me of what is most important throughout my work day.”
Eric R. Chambers,
Team Husband & Chief Technology Officer
My sons, Drew and Luke, are 15 and 12. Recently, they made the decision to share a bedroom, and make the other bedroom into a game room. My husband and I were thrilled. It really is such a blessing to see your children be friends. They are both very active in sports, so the game room became sports themed. I was so happy when they asked me to make posters out of their pictures for the new game room. This is a 16 x 20 canvas poster of my son’s 14 year-old baseball team. He received it as a Christmas gift this last year, and as you can see, it was the perfect fit!
Thank you to all who entered this fun contest! Be sure to check the contest page on the Heritage Makers website for more exciting and creative contests to enter.
Are you looking for something fun to do this weekend? Why not create greeting cards! In just a couple of hours, you could have your entire year’s worth of birthday, holiday, and “any time” cards all finished. Plus, with Heritage Makers, you can have completely customizable greeting cards.
Gather some friends together, browse the Heritage Makers Template Gallery for some fun templates, swap ideas, and create some beautiful cards! You’ll have a great time bonding with your kids, creating memories with your girlfriends, and getting organized for the rest of the year. Think of how great it will be when grandma’s birthday rolls around and you’ve already got an adorable card created for her. Gather your neighbors, call your friends together…don’t forget the chocolate…and start making cards!