|« May||Jul »|
Submitted by: Heidi Arave
Do you have a family reunion this summer? Here are some great ideas of fun things you can do at your family reunion to strengthen your family’s heritage!
2. I AM a Heritage Maker Activity Book: This is a great way for your kids and their cousins to get to know their heritage in a fun activity book.
3. Personalized Card Deck: Does your family like to play card games? Create your own custom deck of cards with pictures of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. There are lots of templates to choose from in the gallery (rook, old maid, go fish, face cards, etc.)
4. FAMILY LAND: This fun game is just like Candy Land, but with your family name and the family activities you enjoy doing together. It will keep the kids entertained for hours! Also, it has a deck of cards to go with it.
5. Family Cookbook: If you have time before the reunion, have family members send you a favorite recipe and a picture. Put together a family cookbook. Take the cookbook to the reunion and if family members would like a copy, you can take orders. If you don’t have time to put it together before the reunion, have your family bring their picture and favorite recipe to the reunion. Then put the cookbook together later.
6. BINGO: Create your own Bingo cards with pictures of grandparents and other relatives. This is a great way for the young kids to learn the names of their great grandparents.
Make and Take:
Do you need fun craft ideas? Here are some that are simple, fun, and affordable!
Special Memories Box: This is a great way to keep all your favorite cards, notes, letters, etc. all in one place. This is made using 2 12×12 pages and a 7 inch craft box ($2 at Walmart).
Family Clock: Super easy and a great addition to your home. This is made using 1 8×8 page and a 9 inch clock ($4 at Walmart).
Blocks: Create your blocks to say whatever you want. Does your reunion have a theme? If so make a block per family or per kid with the theme or family motto. 1 12×12 page will make 5 blocks. Cut a 2×4 into 7 inch blocks.
Tiles: Create a tile with a picture of an ancestor or of grandma and grandpa that includes one of their favorite sayings. 1 12×12 page can make 4 tiles. Get 4 6×6 tiles at Home Depot or any home improvement store.
Scanning: If you have a scanner, offer scanning services to clients in your area who will be attending reunions. Have them ask each family member to bring the pictures they have of great grandma, great grandpa, etc. (The pictures don’t leave their sight). You can scan everyone’s pictures while at the reunion and then everyone gets a copy of everyone’s pictures. It’s a win, win for everyone!
It’s time to get loud…HM style! We want to see you all at the annual Heritage Makers Reunion Convention. Come on, Let’s Get Loud!
Heritage Makers Studio 3.0 is up and running! By now, you should have had a chance to check the new site out. In case you are wondering, here are some of the enhancements you’ll find:
– A new Art Collection tab. Basic and Premier art are all in the same area. Basic users now have a checkbox allowing them to hide the Premier art. Collection thumbnails are displayed, and search results are divided into groups of embellishments, alphabets, backgrounds, etc.
– Photos can be upload from inside Studio.
– The Studio art catalog is now searchable.
– A new Press Room page!
– New and improved Address Book and Checkout.
Take some time to explore Studio 3.0 and discover the many new possibilities!
We’re getting ready to launch Studio 3.0…in fact, we want to give you the new system early! We will be taking the Heritage Makers website offline on Saturday, June 20th at 9:00 p.m. MDT (11:00 p.m. EDT) and will be back online with the new Studio 3.0 on Monday, June 22nd at 3:00 a.m. MDT (5:00 a.m. EDT).
Please join us Monday morning as we welcome Studio 3.0! You’re going to love what you see!
Thank you for your patience as we make this upgrade.
Don’t miss the huge savings of the Home Alone 2 sale. While the bosses are away this week, we’re throwing a party just for you.
It’s time to save big on all those projects you have been waiting to start. Each day, a different item will be on sale and only for that day will that item be on sale.
When: June 13 – June 20, 2009
What you’ll get: Incredible deals on storybooks, playing cards, canvas posters…
Who to Contact: Your Personal Publishing Consultant
The sale lasts only eight days. Contact your consultant today to get these amazing deals. Click here to see the flyer for more details.
The winners are in. Thank you to all contest participants. We have received beautiful projects featuring invitations for some of life’s most celebrated events. Congratulations to:
You could be the nest winner! Enter a contest today.
It’s almost time for Studio 3.0! We’re getting ready for the new Studio…we’re sure you’re going to enjoy what you’re about to experience.
In order to prepare for the amazing Studio 3.0, we need to take the website offline for 24 hours. The Heritage Makers website will be unavailable from Sunday, June 21 at 9:00 a.m. to Monday, June 22 at 9:00 a.m.
Be sure to log in and experience Studio 3.0 as soon as possible on June 22!
May was a great month! The photo contest was a huge success and Heritage Makers received many wonderful photos. It’s obvious that our fabulous Heritage Makers consultants are out there taking photos, enjoying life, and creating stories. Now is the perfect time to put those precious stories and memories into a storybook!It was not easy to choose winners, but after much deliberation, we have chosen our three winners. Congratulations!
1st place – Free 8×8 storybook credit – Lisa Huffman
We just love the way you captured the moment here!
2nd place – Free 5 pack. 12×12 scrap pages – Heidi Jackson
You can feel the love from these two beauties!
3rd place – Free 10 pack. 5×7 greeting cards – Kali Fassett
What a little hunk!
Again, we want to thank all of our participants! This was a fun contest and we enjoyed your amazing photos.
Please remember, by participating in the photo contest you give Heritage Makers permission to use your photos in marketing materials. Even pictures outside the top three may appear in ads, on the website, or in other Heritage Makers marketing.
Introducing We’ve got an exciting Pick of the Month for June! For the entire month, you can get a 12×12 storybook credit for only $59.95. You save $20! This is the lowest price Heritage Makers has EVER offered on the 12×12 storybook!
Plus, you can get three months of Premier for only $29.95…that’s $10/month! You can add Premier to your Pick of the Month or get this special deal on any product you order! Hurry, savings like this won’t last long!
Specials expire June 30, 2009. Contact a consultant today!