It’s the digital scrapper and home crafter’s perfect project. And with Heritage Makers, this project has never been easier. It’s time to get rid of those old, gross-looking coasters and replace them with personalized ones. You can include your living room’s color scheme and even your family photos.
Here’s what you need:
- Blank, wood (or another material if desired) coasters – You can get these from a craft store. For this project I used 3×4 inch coasters with rounded corners from Robert’s Craft online.
- Scrap page (for this project I used a 12×12 scrap page)
- Mod Podge
- Spray sealant
- Wood/craft paint (any color)
- Design your coasters in Studio on a scrap page (whatever size works best to fit all your coasters on a page or two).
- Paint the bottom and sides of your wooden coasters. You may also paint the top of the coasters if you are planning on not covering the entire surface with your digital-designed coasters.
- Once you have your printed scrap page, cut the digital-designed coasters out.
- Using Mod Podge, glue each digital-designed, cut-out coaster onto the top surface of your wooden coasters.
- Let the Mod Podge dry.
- Seal your coasters using a spray-on sealant. (Note: You’ll want to use the sealant in a ventilated area.)
- And voila. You now have fun coasters you’ll be proud to display in your living room.