With so many holidays and special events behind us, and so many still ahead, it’s a good time to create some fun titles and be ready for those special pages. Have you ever noticed that with each Our Memories for Life collection we have included border strips and journal cards with word art?
These pieces are so easy to add to your page and voila! Instant title.
There are also some fun ways to add some flair to your titles by learning just a few easy tricks:
1. Keep it BOLD. Have your title stand out on your page. If you are using the printed border strips, then they already have some large graphic fonts, and easily stand out as a title. If you just can’t find the right words, and need to make your own, a great tool are our sticker letters paired with journal cards, paper, and border strips.
2. POP it. Here is an easy little formula you can use to jazz up your titles. Find your title on a border strip (or make your own) and cut to size. Use a complimentary punched border and tuck it behind the word art. Back it with one or two pattern and/or solid papers to give it a pop. Add to your page. Done!
3. Make it FUN. If you need to make your own title, don’t settle for the same old boring words. There are some great resources out there that specialize in fun and unique titles for scrapbook pages. Give it a look-up. Instead of “Happy Birthday” try “The more candles – the bigger the wish!” When it’s time to write it out, don’t forget to grab your calligraphy pen and your micron fine point and mix up your styles and lettering!
It’s fun to keep a list or little notebook of your favorite titles or sayings so you can have them at your fingertips. Here are a few of my favorites to get you going:
• Hitch your wagon to a star
• Not all who wander are lost
• Dream Big – Sparkle More – Shine Bright
• Peace, love, Soccer/Sport
• I love you to the moon—and back!
• Oh, the places we go…
• The Adventure begins…
• All the dreams I have prayed you’d be, are all the things you are.
• The best thing to hold onto in life is each other –Audrey Hepburn
• A perfect marriage is two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other
• Sometimes I open my mouth, and my mother comes out!
• Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments –Rose Kennedy
• All you need is Love
• A love without measure
• Red, white & Beautiful
• Kids/Life/Mud happen/s!
• There’s no Buddy like a brother/sister
• Love me, love my dog
• So many candles, so little cake
• One year older, and another year cuter
Titles are a fun way to finish your page, but remember the goal is to actually finish those pages and give your photos and stories a home. Sometimes all you need for a title is the name of a person or place and the message is clear.
Now it’s time to get busy and put these tips into action! Enjoy!